solarstorm

solarstorm

Thursday, January 15, 2015

[Trans] [Exclusive Interview] Taeyang: “Big Bang will come back when you least expect it”

Our boy YB aka Taeyang had an interview with Ilgan Sports, following the 29th Golden Disc Awards held in Beijing on Jan. 14, 2015, where he won a Digital Bonsang and the Digital Single of the Year (yay!!!! congrats!!!).
----------------------------------------------------

[Exclusive Interview] Taeyang: “Big Bang will come back when you least expect it”

January 15, 2015
Interview by Um Dong Jin, Beijing, China
Translated by pgeorgie




In 2014, Taeyang shone the highest and the brightest. 

Not with Big Bang but as a solo artist, Taeyang shook the entire music industry. 

His album Rise, the fruit of his four years of hard work following his first full-length album "Solar", has been loved throughout the entire second half of 2014 since its release in June. Taeyang topped all the major charts, grabbed trophy after trophy at music shows and swept the grand prizes at year-end awards. In particular, the title track, Eyes, Nose, Lips" is being praised as THE masterpiece of 2014. Oozing deep soulfulness, he singlehandedly dwarfed all the other "idol" vocalists. At the 29th Annual Golden Disc Awards held at the Mastercard Center in Beijing, China, Taeyang was at the center of all the attention. The Awards presented him with a Bonsang and the coveted Grand Prize.

When we caught him after the ceremony, he was glowing with excitement. He said, "I am glad that I got such a big award at the beginning of a new year," and "this is a song that got my album released after four years of preparation," showing his love for "Eyes, Nose, Lips".

Q. So you got the Grand Prize. How do you feel?
YB:  Most of all, I am glad that I got such a big award at the beginning of a new year." 

Q. “Eyes, Nose, Lips” must be pretty special to you.
YB: It took me four years to get this album finished and released. This is a song that got my album released and it is a special song to me. It is all the more special because it is from my personal experience.

Q. Did you think that this would be it when you first heard this song?
YB: Actually, I felt really lost when I thought I finished the album. I was eager to get it released but it kept getting delayed. Then (I heard this song and) it matched perfectly how I felt at the time. I knew the instant I heard the piano intro to the song that this would be it.

Q. You wrote the lyrics yourself. Do you have a special someone whose “eyes, nose and lips” you cannot forget?
YB: Just as in the lyrics, I was really sad at the time. At the time, I wrote pages after pages that showed the pain I was going through after a breakup.

Q. This is the first time you're sweeping all the major awards. As much as you feel happy, you must feel more responsible.
YB: Not so much responsible as relieved. As a matter of fact, I was just so happy that my album finally got released. I wasn't really thinking how it would be received. I just thought, let's just get it released and then go from there. Fortunately, the album was received so well. I felt rewarded in some sense. I feel so relieved.

Q. You said Michael Jackson was your idol. How close do you think you are now to him?
YB: Not even anywhere near him. I don’t even dare talk about it. This album means a lot to me. I do have my idols but this album helped me feel that I am following my own path, instead of trying to be like them - one step at a time but in the right direction.

Q. The members must be pretty envious.
YB: They are way too cool to show that. They congratulated me a lot. As a matter of fact, I am so relieved that my album was a success. I thought, if I do well, it will also help Big Bang's new album that is going to come out next. I feel really relieved.

Q. What are your plans for 2015?
YB: I am toward the end of my solo tour. I will be touring through March in China, Southeast Asia and at a few more venues yet to be disclosed. We are also working on a new Big Bang album, which will be released when you least expect it.


- Copyrights
일간스포츠 : DramaHouse & J Content Hub Co.,Ltd. 무단 전재 재배포 금지 - 




No comments:

Post a Comment